Rural Marketing Grants
Rural Marketing Grants help Nevada communities market their destination to potential visitors around the world in an effort to generate overnight stays. Travel Nevada awards $1.4 million each year to rural partners for a variety of marketing projects including paid advertising, promotion of signature events, travel trade and consumer shows, tourism community assessments and production of video and image assets. Non-profits and local tourism entities are eligible to apply for funding in this program.
If you missed our webinar on Friday, Sept 16 at 9:30am for information on the Rural Marketing Grants FY23 Cycle 2, a recording is available HERE.
Check out our Rural Marketing Grants FY23 Cycle 2 FAQ (COMING SOON!)
Please be aware of the following changes for the FY23 Cycle 2 Rural Marketing Grants:
- Travel Nevada has launched a new platform to receive applications for this grant cycle. Use this link to get started in Submittable.
- Watch this video to learn how to set up your Submittable account and apply for a grant. Review this article for more information.
- ONLY ONE grant application will be accepted per organization. Please use one email address to set up your Submittable account. This is the email that will be used for all correspondence regarding your Rural Marketing Grants application. Multiple applications under multiple email addresses for the same organization will be disqualified.
- Review the Rural Marketing Grant Guidelines below, updated 9/8/22, in its entirety as there have been several important changes made since the last grant cycle.
- Please note that many of our other forms have also been updated so please read each one carefully before applying for a grant.
- For your reference, a rubric has been created to vet all applications and can be reviewed in the materials below.
- Need help? Sign up for office hours below to speak with one of our Industry Relations Specialists if you have any questions or need help with Submittable.
Need help with Rural Marketing Grants?
Schedule office hours with Abby Ortiz (Industry Relations Specialist for Cowboy Country, Reno Tahoe Territory, Pony Express Territory)
Schedule office hours with Robert Graff (Industry Relations Specialist for Nevada Silver Trails, Las Vegas Territory, Indian Territory)
Need help writing a marketing plan? Email email@example.com for a list of vetted companies that can help!
Rural Marketing Grant Resources:
Application Forms & Materials
- Rural Marketing Grant Guidelines, revised 9/9/22 (PDF)
- Rural Marketing Grant Rubric (PDF) coming soon
- Grant Reimbursement Request Form (PDF)
- Certificate of Volunteer Hours Form (PDF)
- Grant Travel Reimbursement Guidelines (PDF)
- Travel Expense Reimbursement Claim (Excel)
- Rural Marketing Grant FAQs coming soon
- Travel Nevada Logos & Assets
- Travel Nevada Brand Guidelines (PDF)
- Sending Assets to Travel Nevada (PDF)
- Nevada Magazine & Visitors Guide Media Kit
- Travel Nevada Trade Calendar (PDF)
- Travel Nevada Spring Canada Mission coming soon
- Travel Nevada Receptive Events coming soon
- Expedia Spring 2023 Co-op
- Zartico Partner Opportunity coming soon
- Need help writing your strategic plan? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of vetted companies