Congratulations to the winners of the Nevada Hotel and Lodging Association’s 5th Annual Stars of the Industry Hospitality Awards
The Nevada Hotel and Lodging Association (NHLA) hosted the 5th Annual Stars of the Industry Hospitality Awards Gala on October 14 at the Vdara Hotel and Spa. The event recognizes exceptional employees working within Nevada's hotel industry. Approximately 250 leaders, industry employees, board members, executives, media and sponsors from throughout Nevada were in attendance at the prestigious event.
Zarkana and Jabbawockeez were special guests providing entertainment. Special guest speakers Claudia Vecchio, Director of Nevada Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs and Finley Cotrone, UNLV Faculty presented great information while recognizing the important contributions industry employees make to the state.
- Shannon McCallum Crawford, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at the Aria Resort and Casino, was the recipient of the top honor award of Hotelier of the Year.
- Mary Giuliano, General Manager of the Vdara Hotel and Spa, received the Outstanding General Manager of the Year award.
- The Emerging Leader award recognizes a young professional excelling in a position and contributing to the industry and community. Dayna Chacon, Assistant Director of Housekeeping at the Downtown Grand, received the honor.
- Supplier of the Year was awarded to NHLA member Brady Linen. Aria Resort and Casino received the Sustainability Leader award.
- Mary Ann Burns with the Boyd Group was the recipient of the Management Professional of the Year award. Megan Rodgers with The Venetian/The Palazzo was awarded the Human Resources Employee of the Year. Sandra Blumberg with Harrah's/Harveys Lake Tahoe won the Administrative Employee of the Year award.
- Guest Services Employee of the Year was awarded to Valleau Lewis with the Orleans Hotel and Casino while Casino Employee of the Year went to Violeta Sotelo with the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Troy Teruya with Mandarin Oriental Hotel was the recipient of the Food and Beverage Employee of the Year award.
- Employee of the Year in the Housekeeping category was awarded to Rosaura Palacio with The Venetian/The Palazzo. Donna Marcou-Stafford with the Tropicana Las Vegas received the Sales Employee of the Year award.
- Lyra Hynie, Tropicana Las Vegas, was the recipient of the Revenue Management Employee of the Year. Lisel Westlake with the Aria Resort and Casino received the Safety and Security Employee of the Year award.
- NHLA outstanding volunteers Ronna Timpa, Nicole Marshall, Jim Kenney, Michelle Madrid and Ruth Furman received appreciation awards for their contributions.
“The event was fabulous and very exciting for everyone in attendance. We are so proud of our hospitality industry nominees and award recipients. We are also very appreciative of the support provided by all of our sponsors, volunteers and members to help us make this truly the event of the year for our industry,” states Diane Gandy, NHLA President.
2016 6th Annual Stars of the Industry Date Confirmed
The 2016 Stars of the Industry Hospitality Awards Gala will take place at the Aria Resort and Casino on October 20, 2016.